Founders Garden Club of Dallas
Welcome to our website!
Founders Garden Club of Dallas was founded in 1938 by a group of 50 horticulturally-minded ladies of the Dallas Garden Club. They were elected into the Garden Club of America in 1940.
The purpose of the Garden Club of America is to stimulate the knowledge and love of gardening, to share the advantages of association by means of educational meetings, conferences, correspondence, and publications and to restore, improve, and protect the quality of the environment through educational programs and action in the fields of conservation and civic improvement.
Founders Garden Club of Dallas embraces this mission. Over the years, longtime associations with the Dallas Historical Society’s Hall of State and the Dallas County Heritage Society, Texas Discovery Gardens, Aldredge House, Dallas Heritage Village, Dallas Arboretum and Botanic Center, Trinity River Audubon Center, and other Dallas “greening” projects have flourished.
Today, new members as well as fourth generation members continue in our charter member’s vision to conserve, protect , preserve, educate, beautify, and serve as Dallas’ civic leaders for a more beautiful and sustainable world for tomorrow.